Smashed potatoes with spicy vegan aioli
Created by Victoria Cookware on January 3, 2017
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 35m
- 2 pounds small potatoes of choice such as Petite Yukon Gold or baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 3/4 cups fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo such as Veganaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Add potatoes to a large pot and fill with cold water. Turn the heat to high to boil the water. When the water starts to boil, turn the heat to medium. Let potatoes simmer for about 20 minutes, until just fork tender. Don't overcook.
- Remove potatoes from a stove and let drain and cool slightly.
- While potatoes are cooling, add olive oil to a cast iron pan and heat on medium-high heat.
- Put potatoes on a cutting board and smash down with a fork. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add potatoes to pan and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes on each side.
- While potatoes are cooking, prepare the aioli. Mix Veganaise, Sriracha, salt and lemon to a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove from pan and place on a serving platter or plate. Drizzle with aioli or serve on the side. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper as desired and top with parsley.