Pumpkin Ricotta Grilled Toasts with Chorizo, Sage, and Toasted Pepitas
Created by Victoria Cookware on October 29, 2016
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 30m
- 1 link fresh chorizo, casing removed
- 4 -5 slices thick sliced crusty bread (I used a super seedy variety)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup whole milk ricotta
- ½ cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 7 -8 sage leaves, chopped
- Preheat a nonstick skillet to medium heat. Brown your chorizo, breaking it up with a spatula into small bits. Once cooked through, set aside on paper towels to drain.
- In a small dry skillet, toast your pepitas over medium/low heat. Watch carefully, they can burn easily. You know they\'re done when they are golden and begin to make a popping noise. Set aside.
- Make the pumpkin ricotta. In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, pumpkin purée, maple syrup, nutmeg, salt, and pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with olive oil. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat and grill bread for about 1-2 minutes per side, until grill marks form.
- To assemble, spread bread slices generously with pumpkin ricotta, top with chorizo, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and chopped sage.