Created by Victoria Cookware on December 27, 2016
- Confectioner's Sugar
- Fresh berries
- Whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1 dash cardamom or nutmeg
- Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and place two 6-inch cast iron skillets (or one 10-inch skillet) into the oven to heat while you prepare the batter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until frothy. Whisk in the flour and then remaining ingredients. Beat until the batter is smooth.
- Remove the pans from the oven and plop 1 tablespoon of butter into each skillet, swirling to melt. Quickly add the batter and place the skillets back into the oven. (Remember to use pot holders for those hot handles!)
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until puffy and golden.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar and fresh fruit, or simply with a drizzle of maple syrup and a dollop of whipped cream.