This recipe is brought to you by our friend and cast-iron lover @bumblebria. Check out her instagram here: @bumblebria and her full blog post here: Dutch Baby Pancakes with Chocolate Hazelnut Cream.
Dutch Baby Pancakes with Chocolate Hazelnut Cream
Created by Victoria Cookware on January 3, 2017
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 29m
I used two 6″ cast iron skillets, but you could also use one 10-12″ cast iron skillet.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the pan
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts
- fresh strawberries
Chocolate Hazelnut Whipped Cream
- Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream until it thickens to a thick, fluffy consistency.
- Add the hazelnut chocolate spread to your whipped cream. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the chocolate hazelnut spread into your whipped cream until it’s mostly incorporated with a marbled appearance.
- Keep chilled in fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Using a blender, electric mixer, or by hand mix all the batter ingredients until smooth.
- Put butter into your pans. Put all 4 tablespoons if using one large pan, and divide evenly if using two small pans.
- Put cast irons in the oven until the butter melts completely. You may want to use a baking sheet under the pans to catch any butter drips.
- Pull cast irons out of oven and pour batter directly into them.
- Put batter filled pans back into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until pancakes are puffy and golden brown.
- Top pancakes with chocolate hazelnut whipped cream, toasted hazelnuts and fresh strawberries. Enjoy while still warm.