Cast Iron Tandoori Carrots
Created by Victoria Cookware on August 23, 2016
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 40m
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 garlic cloves finely grated, divided
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt, divided
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound small carrots, cut length wise into quarters
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- Preheat your Victoria cast iron grill until smoking hot. Mix garam masala, half of garlic, 1/4 cup yogurt, & 3 tbsp of oil in a large bowl until smooth; season with salt & pepper. Add carrots & toss to coat.
- Grill carrots in a single layer, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred in spots.
- Meanwhile, heat turmeric and remaining 2 tbsp oil in a small cast iron skillet over medium heat, swirling skillet until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk lemon juice, remaining garlic, & remaining 1/4 cup yogurt in a small bowl; season with salt & pepper.
- Place carrots on a platter. Drizzle with yogurt mixture and turmeric oil and top with cilantro.