Browned Butter Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
Created by Victoria Cookware on January 3, 2017
- 1/2 cup sweet cream butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease two Victorian cookware 6.5' cast irons.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until the milk fat just starts to brown and smells toasted. This should take about 5 minutes. Pour the browned butter into a standing mixer and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, salt and baking soda and beat on medium high for 2 minutes. Add in the egg and beat again for another 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and add the flour and mix until combined and add the chocolate chips reserving 1/4 cup.
- Divide batter between the two skillets and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top of the cookies and place in the oven for 18-20 minutes. Wait 10 minutes before sprinkling with sea salt and serving.