Created by Victoria Cookware on August 23, 2016
- 1 pound pizza dough, pre-made or bought
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 andouille sausage links, sliced
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella, grated
- 2 ounces Pecorino Romano, finely grated
- 2 ounces pepper jack cheese
- Basil leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 500 f (no broil).
- Then, take 1 lb of pre-made pizza dough & stretch it out, working it into a flattened circle.
- Set your Victoria 12“ cast-iron skillet over a burner set to medium-high. Preheat the pan until hot but not smoking.
- Sprinkle the hot pan with cornmeal or flour, & set the dough snugly in the pan. Pull the sides of the dough up the sides of the pan so it doesn’t slump back down, being sure to distribute the dough evenly for no thin patches. Brush the top of the dough with olive oil and let it start cooking over the burner.
- Once the dough starts to bubble, season with salt and pepper and add & spread the pizza sauce over the dough. Top with the sausage & grated cheeses.
- Place the pizza into the oven and let it bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted, bubbling, and golden. Brush the crust with olive oil. Let it rest a few minutes, top the pizza with fresh torn basil leaves.