Created by Victoria Cookware on April 12, 2017
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground round or ground chuck, browned and drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 14 ounces chicken or beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 15 ounces pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Garnishes: grated Cheddar cheese, sour cream
- Heat oil in a Victoria Cast Iron Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add bell pepper, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add chipotle pepper and garlic; cook about 1 minute.
- Add beef and next 5 ingredients. And simmer about 2 minutes.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a low boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Add beans, stir, and continue to simmer 10 minutes or until liquid has reduced slightly. Remove bay leaf. Garnish, if desired.