Created by Victoria Cookware on April 13, 2017
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup poblano peppers (seeded, small diced)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter in large cast iron skillet over low heat. Remove from heat. In a separate bowl add butter and whisk in buttermilk, then eggs. Mix all remaining ingredients in large bowl. Stir in buttermilk mixture. Transfer to large cast iron skillet.
- Bake corn bread until edges are lightly browned and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool completely in pan.