Created by Victoria Cookware on January 3, 2017
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 15m
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 medium sized shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- Ginger (about an inch in size) sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- salt and pepper
- In an iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and let cook until tender. Once tender, remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic, ginger and shallots to the same skillet (add a little more olive oil if needed). Let it get crispy and then remove from the pan.
- Add the wine and chicken broth to the skillet and let it reduce. Add salt and pepper. Once reduced, add the other tablespoon of butter.
- Arrange the polenta and top it with the mushrooms and pour the wine reduction. Add the crispy garlic, ginger, and shallots on top, and sit back and enjoy!